Friday, March 7, 2008

Dark Sky at Dawn. L.C. Lewis

Well It's been a while and I am sorry. There has been so much going on around here. I realize that reading is my escape and the way I chose to escape things that are hard . so I am trying to keep the reading to a more manageable level. I have just finished the book "Dark Sky At Dawn." It is book one in a series that is called "Free Men and Dreamers." It is set in the United States in 1812 during a time when the young union is trying to survive and it is touch and go whether it will survive or not. The love Story is delightful and the characters leave you wanting more. L.C. Lewis is an L.D.S. author and this will turn into a story with Mormon themes however in this book it is not even mentioned it is before the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored. I loved this book at first it was hard for me as I read about the confusion and the back and forth of a nation preparing for war. Probably because I am sending my husband off to war and you want to think that those in control know what they are doing. However the overall theme is that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing there are no suprises to Him. My faith was strengthened and I came away ready for more. How long will I have to wait for the second book? I am not sure but I will be in line when it gets here.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey Suzanne,
I bet this was an interesting book to read at this time in your life. I just want you to know that I think you are so strong, and I admire you so much. Love you!